CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Growing up is hard.......but not impossible

After many comments from friends and family to put another blog up I've finally given in to the pressure. When I started my blog last fall, I knew I was going somewhere with the title "Growin' up is hard to do" but it took a while for me to process why I thought that and where I was going with the idea.

I'm beginning to understand that the reason I feel growing up is so hard is because there are so many unspoken rules I can't even try to formulate them all right now, that will come with time. Each time I blog I want to share some new piece of knowledge I've learned that is helping me on my path to "growing up" (which coincidentally I think I will be on my entire life). If it helps anyone great, if not at least I've written it down so I won't forget it.

The subject that is rattling around my brain most right now is finances. Tonight I completed a 10 Week Bible Study written by Crown Financial. I took it at my church and the purpose of the class was to understand Gods way of handling money and apply it to my own life. I guess the main idea is that all money is God's and my job is to be a good steward with everything He intrusted in my care.

If you are interested in the class, I highly recommend it. If you want to check it out more you can go to www.crown.org and get more information. After you take the class, you can get certified to teach a small group which I'm doing soon.

Even though I still have a lot of things to figure out, at least I can cross money concerns off this list because if I just stick to Crown's advice I will be in good shape the rest of my life and I can rest easy knowing that God would be pleased with how I'm handling His money.

I guess that's it for now. Hopefully I'll write again soon.

Melody

"Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as being in control of everything. Riches and honor come from you alone, and you are the Ruler of all mankind; your hand controls power and might, and it is at your discretion that men are made great and given strength" (I Chronicles 29:11-12, TLB)

2 comments:

relying on God said...

glad to see you post again! When's the next one? Just messin' with you but seriously. -love-

The Lourceys said...

I'm so glad you updated. I've heard many good things about Crown Financial and would love it if Rob and I could go through it together. Talk to you soon. Love.