CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rome wasn't built in a day

I don't know why it feels so weird to post my first blog. It makes me think of writing in my diary when I was a pre-teen and teenager. Of course because I have trouble following through with things sometimes, I have about a dozen diaries with 8 pages written in each. Hopefully that won't happen with this blog, that's part of the growing up thing I'm working on (commitment/following through).

I think this will be cathartic, I'm not planning on pouring out my soul or anything but it's seems like people are more open when they talk online than face to face. It's almost like the computer screen is a security blanket. I know I have a lot to learn regarding blogs and it'll take some time, but I'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will my blog be.

One of the reasons I want to start a blog is so I can keep in better touch with friends and family. I get so inspired when I see a really cool blog I just have this gut reaction - "I want to do that!". So here I am doing it. I've finally gotten the ball rolling and it will be fun to see where it goes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and if there's a way to leave a note and say hi! please do.
(I haven't figured that out yet)

3 comments:

relying on God said...

hey blogger melody! I'm so proud of you for figuring all of this stuff out (and being so patient about it all:). You better write here often because I will be checking up on you frequently. love ya!

J H said...

Yay! Welcome to the world of blogging. I've enjoyed my experiences writing, even if no one else ever reads it. It's truly cathartic, as you so aptly stated. Loves you, and we missed you last night at group. ~ Jenn

cool mum said...

Found your blog through Elizabeth's...I can relate to the stuff you're talking about here--I'm battling laziness constantly! Great music choices too. If only my computer speakers were working. Keep blogging!